The Community Alumni Award is given annually to College of Medicine or resident alumnus practicing in a non-academic setting in acknowledgement of distinguished career achievements, both in contributions to the practice of medicine and to society as a whole.
Achievement might be listed under the following:
- contributions to organized medicine
- leadership in regional or state medical society or in other state or national organizations
- non-profit voluntary organizations including religious organizations, school boards, etc.
- responsible position in military with high rank
- recognized master clinician
- support to the university or their university, local hospital or medical community on a local or more wide-ranging level
- distinguished service in the VA, NIH, etc.