Thanks to generous support from the College of Medicine, the Medical Alumni Society Student and Faculty Enrichment grants help students and faculty to achieve educational and public service goals. Each year, $30,000 ($15,000 per semester) is awarded to a diverse group of students, faculty, and student organizations for community service, research, global health and many other initiatives.
The bi-annual grants are designed to make an impact on medical education, the College of Medicine, and the community by providing funding that may otherwise not be available.
Each application will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Quality of educational experience
- Benefit to College of Medicine
- Benefit to society
- Cost-benefit of proposed project
- Financial need and quality of budgeting
Spring 2023 Grant Applications are now closed. Cycle will reopen in the Fall Semester
The following changes are in affect:
- Student organizations can apply for funding for virtual event supplies or accessibility needs, such as closed captioning, live streaming, etc.
- In-person event costs will be supported but must follow all university health and safety guidelines.
- Student organizations are encouraged to include if there is a virtual or hybrid back-up plan in their program plans.
All university COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines will need to be followed at the time of the project. If your project cannot be completed due to changes in requirements, unused funds will need to be returned to the Medical Alumni Society.
Any funds unaccounted for will be required to be returned. Student organization funds are issued as a check to the student org. Travel funds for individuals will be distributed to your student aid account.
If you have questions about your project, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022-23 Funding Cycles
Fall Grant Cycle
Spring Grant Cycle
Limitations are as follows:
- Funding is limited; please only ask for what you need.
- Roughly $15,000 is awarded each cycle.
- Funding will not be awarded for domestic away rotations, or applications requesting funding to cover living expenses only.
- Multiple applications benefiting the same organization will not be considered.
- Students attending or presenting at a conference must communicate their level of involvement in the conference or professional meeting. Conference attendance will not be funded unless applicant is presenting either a podium presentation of a poster presentation. A podium presentation may be awarded an amount up to $300, and a poster presentation may be awarded an amount up to $250 based upon available funds.
- Registration fees will only be covered for online conferences for the purposes of: presentation of virtual posters, presentations, or participation in society meetings and will be funded up to $100/person. Attendance only at these events will not be funded.
- Funds must be used to offset costs; excess funds must be returned.
- Students must withdraw their application and notify the College of Medicine Alumni office immediately if they are no longer in need of funding (e.g. withdraw of proposal, conference proposal not accepted, alternative funding secured).
- Committee retains the right to request receipts verifying expenditures, and to demand the return of funds improperly used.
- Applications are blind reviewed by a committee made up of current students and Medical Alumni Society Board of Governors.
- Applicants will be notified of all decisions in October (fall cycle) and April (spring cycle).